Hospital Intensive Care Protection
Intensive Care Insurance helps protect against the unexpected medical expenses that may result from a stay in intensive care, coronary care, neonatal intensive case and sub-acute intensive care units.
- Pays benefits for up to a total of 31 days per confinement in a hospital intensive care unit and subsequent confinement in a hospital sub-acute intensive care unit.
- Provides first-day coverage for accidents and sicknesses.
- Benefits for a hospital intensive care unit and a hospital sub-acute intensive care unit double, if confinement is due to a specified covered accident as designed in the outline of coverage.
- Your policy includes a hospital sub-acute intensive care unit, which may also be referred to as progressive care, intermediate care or a step-down unit. This confinement must be preceded by confinement in a hospital intensive care unit.
- Your policy provides lump-sum benefits for intensive care confinement on or after your 70th birthday.
- Your coverage is guaranteed renewable for life as long as premiums are paid.
- Your premium will not change unless we change it on all policies of this kind in the state where your policy was issued.
- Your eligible dependent children or grandchildren may be covered until age 25.
- You may select from several benefit levels to meet your individual needs. Premiums vary based on the amount of coverage you select.
- You may select individual, one-parent or two-parent family coverage.
See your Colonial Life benefits counselor to learn more about accident insurance and how it can help protect what really counts.